Sunday, April 28, 2013

RAW Protein

I would love to share with you my new favourite protein 

Raw Protein 

 



Firstly I would like to draw upon the huge misconception that I hear on a regular basis about protein powders. I often hear females associating protein powders with massive body building men who have bulging biceps ect but in reality they are dedicated athletes who train numerous times a day, I guarantee you won’t look like that.

Supplementing protein shakes into your diet is proven to be very beneficial to females. If your motive is to get a lean, toned physique then it is important you achieve the correct exercise and nutrition in order for your body to work for you. I am no dietician, however I have studied health and nutrition at a university level and obviously correct nutrition is vital to achieving your goals.

Starting by getting your diet right can do amazing things for your performance and I truly believe protein powers can help you reach your goals faster. When adding protein to your diet especially if you have started resistance training, the protein provides your body with something called amino acids which is essential for muscle recovery and promotes lean muscle growth.

I started resistance training nearly two years ago and after my Body Pump classes or weights sessions I would be immensely fatigued, I could barely walk the next day and I would binge because I was so hungry. I introduced protein shakes into my diet and quickly I began reaping rewards such as quicker recovery so no next day soreness and wasn’t starving anymore after my workouts. Most importantly my body fat levels dropped and I lost a lot of centimeters all over my body. Let me be clear, I am already very petite and slim so I can’t lose weight even if I tired but I still managed to gain slimmer results without actually losing weight. So listen up girls! Believe me lifting weights and taking a protein shake actually makes you slimmer and drops body fat!

So why is taking protein so important to me? Well I base myself on a high-protein diet however I don’t like eating a lot of meat, for example I rarely eat red meat and only eat chicken a few times a week. So I look into other alternatives to get my protein intake that’s why protein power is so important to me in my diet.

When I tried RAW protein for the first time I was instantly energised and I could feel the enzymes working their magic. Raw protein is a high quality, plant-based protein with live probiotics and enzymes, vitamins and nutrients such as Beta-glucans. It also doesn’t contain any fillers and artificial flavours which is a huge relief for me because I am very sensitive to artificial flavours.


The benefits of this protein is endless:

  • 18 grams of protein per serving and 35% of daily value
  • Add to meals to increase protein content
  • Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
  • Alternative to soy and animal protein powers
  • Low carbohydrates and sugar
  • Easily digested and supports your digestive health
  • Mixes well in shakes and smoothies
  • Gluten and diary free


http://stellametsovas.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/51346_L_vvs_000.jpg



I have my Raw protein shake after every workout mixed with water, if I want a protein boost I will add the powder to my oatmeal or have an additional serving throughout the day. I also bought mine unflavoured but they offer Raw protein in Vanilla and Chocolate. If your looking into purchasing this protein I bought mine from Muscleworx they also have an online store www.muscleworx.com.au and offer free shipping.


Love 


Jemma-Ashley 


xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment